Monday 23 March 2015

Personal Name Cards

Name-Card Samples

Here are some name card designs I've been working on. The blue one is the old design while the purple one is new. The only main difference between the two is that the blue name card is targeted towards the game industry while the purple one is for a general position in the creative industry.

The blue name card's inspiration was drawn from video games. I was inspired by top-down shooting games, hence the yellow fighter attempting to chase and shoot down the grey fighter. I first drew the graphics from a top down perspective. Then I used perspective and distort mode of the transform tool to scale them so it gives a 3D-feel. I also added some shadows to emphasis the effect; though I didn't added it for the missile as I felt it would be too much. The main font I used was Raleway and Century Gothic for the phone number as I didn't like Raleway's uneven lines.

The theme for the purple name card was simple and elegant; hence the floral-like pattern around the card. I chose purple as it's my favourite colour. I added some pink to spice things up and make it more interesting. The pink also  The skills info was also significantly reduced. The pattern is from one of the custom shapes pack I downloaded a long time ago. I duplicated the shape and scaled and rotated it in various ways to get the desired effect. For fonts, I used Diavlo for the title and Economica for the info.

Here is what the fonts look like.
Fonts used in Name Cards


Here are screenshots of how the name cards look like.
Game Designer - 2014

Graphic Designer - 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment